Commitment to Our Customers
Commitment to Our Healthcare Community
Commitment to Our Employees
Commitment to Our Community
MMS STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
- Shall make clinical decisions based on the patient’s medical needs and not on financial incentives or bonuses.
- Shall not promote the sale of unnecessary services or equipment.
- Shall accept for admission into service only those patients whose needs fall within the Merced Medical Supply scope of service.
- Shall provide customers, clinicians, referral sources and third-party payers with honest, accurate and timely information concerning on-going transactions.
- Shall develop and submit claims for reimbursement in a complete and accurate manner following applicable Federal, State and private healthcare billing practices.
- Shall cooperate with patient and third-party payers in meeting the patient’s medical needs in the most efficient and cost-effective manner available.
Responsibility of the Patient
- To provide complete and accurate information concerning your present and past health and illnesses relevant to the care and/or services provided.
- To inform your healthcare provider of your equipment/supply usage history, including past use of capped rental equipment, purchased products, etc.
- To review the home healthcare company’s and/or manufacturer’s safety booklet(s) and actively participate in maintaining a safe environment in your home.
- To request additional information on any operational aspect of delivered equipment that you do not fully understand.
- To notify your attending physician when you feel ill or encounter any unusual physical or mental stress or condition.
- To notify the home healthcare company when you will not be at home at the time of a scheduled pickup, delivery or any appointment with a company representative.
- To notify the home healthcare company prior to changing telephone number, insurance provider or place of residence, including entering the hospital or nursing care facility.
- To notify the home healthcare company when encountering any problem with equipment and/or services provided.
- To notify the home healthcare company if your physician modifies or ceases your equipment prescription.
- To respect and maintain equipment in good working order as it was provided.
- To understand the outcome if you do not follow the physician-prescribed equipment settings, safe equipment operation and equipment maintenance instructions, as applicable to the services provided.
- To meet any financial commitments for services provided to you that are not covered by insurance.
Patient Bill of Rights
- To select those who provide you with home healthcare services.
- To be provided with legitimate identification by any person who enters your residence in order to provide you with home healthcare services.
- To receive the appropriate or prescribed services in a professional manner without discrimination relative to your age, sex, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual preference or physical or mental disability.
- To be treated with friendliness, courtesy and respect by each and every individual representing the company who provides you equipment and/or services.
- To be provided with adequate information from which you can give your informed consent to the commencement of service, the continuation of service, the transfer of service to another healthcare provider or the termination of service.
- To file a concern or complaint with the organization or with state authority without being subject to coercion, discrimination, reprisal or unreasonable interruption of care and services.
- To receive equipment and services within the scope of your healthcare plan promptly and professionally, while being fully informed as to company policies, procedures and charges.
- To request and receive information regarding equipment or services or costs thereof, privately and with confidentiality.
- To request and receive the opportunity to examine or review your home healthcare records.
- To choose an advanced medical directive. For further information, contact your State Attorney General’s Office or a legal advisor.
- To have his or her cultural, psychosocial, spiritual and personal values, beliefs and preferences respected.
- To be involved in your care planning process.
- To have your communication needs met.
- To be provided the Privacy Practices of those who provide you with home healthcare services.
Merced Medical Supply Accreditation
How to report a complaint….
We have built our reputation by providing only excellent service and support to our customers. Our team is proud to give you the best customer service, selection of quality health care products, and a knowledgeable, understanding staff. We believe that products and solutions should be tailored to fit your lifestyle, and that the right equipment should integrate into your daily life. Please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here to help you access the best in health products and accessories.