MMS is dedicated to being the Central Valley’s Partner In Care, providing quality, durable medical and respiratory equipment, supplies and services to customers, caregivers and healthcare professionals. Our fully trained staff strives to provide caring and personalized service, superior products and after-sale support, maintaining our primary commitment to improve the quality of life for our customers.
To be the Central Valley’s leading provider of quality, durable medical and respiratory equipment, supplies and services for people with disabilities, mobility and respiratory impairments. MMS is committed to being a true Partner In Care.
Commitment to Our Customers
MMS is dedicated to the customers we serve by being responsive and caring – focusing on their individual needs for independence and mobility. We will advocate for the customers we serve with integrity and honesty in our effort to improve their quality of life. We will strive to exceed the expectations of every customer and their family by providing the most durable, technologically advanced and highest performing products available at the finest overall value.
Commitment to Our Healthcare Community
As a true Partner In Care, Merced Medical Supply works with our customers’ entire healthcare team, including physicians, respiratory, physical and occupational therapists, caregivers, case managers and insurance agencies to ensure the most appropriate care, equipment, services and education are provided. We will work diligently with all healthcare professionals and agencies to provide the quality service they expect and deserve in a timely manner, while maintaining our commitment to high ethical standards and practices.
Commitment to Our Employees
We will work together as a team and continually strive to improve our working relationships by treating everyone with respect and fostering a positive attitude toward individual and company-wide training, learning and growth. As a company, we will recognize that each team member has the ability to make a difference within our organization and for the customers we serve, and we will express our appreciation for their contributions.
Commitment to Our Community
We will strive to be a community partner by being good citizens in the communities in which we work and live. We will encourage and participate in good works, charities, fundraisers, disability associations and other community projects that foster outreach and education. We will continually support the disabled community, recognizing and utilizing the abilities and skills of those with disabilities and mobility impairments.
MMS STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
- Shall make clinical decisions based on the patient’s medical needs and not on financial incentives or bonuses.
- Shall not promote the sale of unnecessary services or equipment.
- Shall accept for admission into service only those patients whose needs fall within the Merced Medical Supply scope of service.
- Shall provide customers, clinicians, referral sources and third-party payers with honest, accurate and timely information concerning on-going transactions.
- Shall develop and submit claims for reimbursement in a complete and accurate manner following applicable Federal, State and private healthcare billing practices.
- Shall cooperate with patient and third-party payers in meeting the patient’s medical needs in the most efficient and cost-effective manner available.
Responsibility of the Patient
You and your homecare company are partners in your healthcare plan. To ensure the finest care possible, you must understand your rights and responsibilities. As a patient/client, you are responsible for the following:
- To provide complete and accurate information concerning your present and past health and illnesses relevant to the care and/or services provided.
- To inform your healthcare provider of your equipment/supply usage history, including past use of capped rental equipment, purchased products, etc.
- To review the home healthcare company’s and/or manufacturer’s safety booklet(s) and actively participate in maintaining a safe environment in your home.
- To request additional information on any operational aspect of delivered equipment that you do not fully understand.
- To notify your attending physician when you feel ill or encounter any unusual physical or mental stress or condition.
- To notify the home healthcare company when you will not be at home at the time of a scheduled pickup, delivery or any appointment with a company representative.
- To notify the home healthcare company prior to changing telephone number, insurance provider or place of residence, including entering the hospital or nursing care facility.
- To notify the home healthcare company when encountering any problem with equipment and/or services provided.
- To notify the home healthcare company if your physician modifies or ceases your equipment prescription.
- To respect and maintain equipment in good working order as it was provided.
- To understand the outcome if you do not follow the physician-prescribed equipment settings, safe equipment operation and equipment maintenance instructions, as applicable to the services provided.
- To meet any financial commitments for services provided to you that are not covered by insurance.
Patient Bill of Rights
As an individual who received home healthcare services, you should know and understand that you have the following rights:
- To select those who provide you with home healthcare services.
- To be provided with legitimate identification by any person who enters your residence in order to provide you with home healthcare services.
- To receive the appropriate or prescribed services in a professional manner without discrimination relative to your age, sex, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual preference or physical or mental disability.
- To be treated with friendliness, courtesy and respect by each and every individual representing the company who provides you equipment and/or services.
- To be provided with adequate information from which you can give your informed consent to the commencement of service, the continuation of service, the transfer of service to another healthcare provider or the termination of service.
- To file a concern or complaint with the organization or with state authority without being subject to coercion, discrimination, reprisal or unreasonable interruption of care and services.
- To receive equipment and services within the scope of your healthcare plan promptly and professionally, while being fully informed as to company policies, procedures and charges.
- To request and receive information regarding equipment or services or costs thereof, privately and with confidentiality.
- To request and receive the opportunity to examine or review your home healthcare records.
- To choose an advanced medical directive. For further information, contact your State Attorney General’s Office or a legal advisor.
- To have his or her cultural, psychosocial, spiritual and personal values, beliefs and preferences respected.
- To be involved in your care planning process.
- To have your communication needs met.
- To be provided the Privacy Practices of those who provide you with home healthcare services.
Merced Medical Supply Accreditation
Merced Medical Supply is accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP). This accreditation provides therapists, customers, case managers and the public in general, with the assurance that our business practices meet or exceed the established standards of quality for healthcare organizations.
If you have any concerns about patient care or safety, please let us know so we can address your concerns. If you feel that the organization has not addressed those concerns, you may contact CHAP to report any concerns or register complaints.
How to report a complaint….
MMS Medicare Compliance Officer Information
Lori Ferriera, Manager
Phone: (209) 722-3832
Office of Inspector General (OIG)
Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS)
Medicare service center 800-633-4227
Medicare service center TTY: 877-486-2048
Report Medicare fraud & abuse 800-447-8477
Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP)